Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work is a couples workshop based on the internationally acclaimed research of Dr John Gottman. This psychoeducational, research-based workshop is dedicated to improving the quality of relationships.
Who will benefit
Couples of all ages will benefit from this workshop. It is suitable for newlyweds, seniors and everyone in-between. It can benefit couples who are looking to enhance a good marriage, as well as those needing to improve their conflict management skills.
What you will learn
- How to build and improve friendship, fondness and admiration
- How to deepen your knowledge of one another and enhance romance and intimacy
- How to manage conflict constructively and how to handle problems of varying complexity
- How to create shared meaning
- How to maintain what you have achieved through the workshop
What to expect
Taught privately, the Seven Principles programme format consists of a combination of lectures, demonstrations, role-plays and videotapes, in addition to communication exercises.
The workshop is psychoeducational. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your spouse.
Please note that this workshop is not suitable if you are experiencing severe relationship distress, emotional or domestic abuse, if you are battling an addiction and are not in recovery, or if you are experiencing untreated mental health problems. If this is the case, please get in touch with me to discuss what help is available to you.