Research shows that 67% of couples struggle with the transition to parenthood. Marital satisfaction drops significantly after the baby’s birth and conflict increases. This has a negative impact on baby’s social and emotional development.
This workshop is not only research-based but also research-tested. Attending the workshop has shown to improve marital satisfaction and decrease conflict. It has been found to significantly reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders.
Who will benefit
Bringing Baby Home is a workshop for all couples who are transitioning into parenthood.
What you will learn
- How to strengthen your friendship and maintain relationship satisfaction as you become parents
- How to work through conflict and reduce hostility
- How to create positive interactions with your baby or child
- Childhood development
- Co-parenting and how to improve communication
- What postpartum mood disorder is and how to get help
What to expect
The workshop consists of a combination of lectures, demonstrations, role-plays, and videotapes, in addition to communication exercises.
The workshop is psychoeducational. All exercises and discussions will occur privately between you and your partner.
The workshop is developed by Dr Julie Schwartz Gottman and Dr John Gottman. They are the world’s leading experts on marriage, relationships and families.